A continuation of yesterday’s Do’s post! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Do not drink alcohol at least 24 hours prior to any injections and 24 hours afterwards as this hugely increases the risk of bruising.
- Avoid taking any blood thinning medications such as aspirin and ibuprofen or any herbal pills. Please make sure that you consult a medical professional before stopping any medications.
- Don’t do heavy exercise, extreme heat (such as saunas, very hot showers, sun beds) for 48 hours
- Don’t touch the areas of injections for the next few hours, this includes applying make up, as tempting as it is. This will minimise the risk of infection. Hands and makeup are dirty and you could contaminate the piercings in the skin (small open wounds)
- Don’t have any dental treatment (dental examinations are fine) 2 weeks prior to any facial aesthetic injections. Studies have shown this minimises the risk of infection.
- Don’t massage the lips unless your practitioner has advised you to do so. Fillers are placed in precise locations to create the look and definition. If you massage the lips, this could displace the filler and therefore change the end result. If you have any lumps then contact your practitioner who can then guide you.
- Don’t shy away from contacting your practitioner if you have any worries, concerns or queries. We’re here to make you feel comfortable with all aspects of treatment.